Equipment Engineer III
1500 Prodelin Dr Newton, NC 28658 US
Responsibilities Scope of Position:
- This position is in the Engineering Project and is focused on capacity additions and the associated line installations & debug from a mechanical perspective.
- Lead and/or participate on manufacturing engineering projects and support teams for the purposes of capacity installations, equipment debug, and preparing line/associated parts for Operations Receivership.
- As a supporting team member, provide mechanical discipline to proactively identify technical problems through root cause understanding coupled with robust industrialized solutions relative to line debug and installs.
- Leverage knowledge of mechanical engineering, machining & designing processes to improve performance of equipment/manufacturing process.
- Supports or leads new equipment/process introductions, and opportunities for improvement.
- Supports the development and execution of project plans to deliver timely error-free mechanical support for multi-line equipment installations
- Experienced with working along-side vendors and suppliers to resolve technical issues to protect scope, timing, and cost metrics.
- Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Maintain safe work practices, inform others of hazardous conditions or personal practices as expressed on project team.
- Design & implement mechanical solutions and process changes to improve capability of manufacturing equipment.
- Manage activities to meet milestone & timeline objectives for successful capacity adds.
- Solve mechanical and process issues through data analysis, experience and collaboration with subject matter experts
- Manage spare part identification and storeroom entry as recommended by suppliers or peer engineers; noting available spares within (2)-plant footprint.
- Develop and update engineering and operations documentation
- Support training for operations workforce regarding equipment or operations changes
- Project locations will range from Winston Salem, NC, Newton NC and Hickory North Carolina.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hrs (overtime expected). Due to the project timing; overtime and periodic off-hours coverage may be necessary to successfully complete workload and interact with other team personnel.
Qualifications Required Education:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in new equipment installations in manufacturing environment. Start-up experiences a plus
- Experience with new equipment installations and project expansions
- Experience in fast-paced changing environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
- Creative/innovative problem solving
- Strong technical fundamentals with mechanical engineering skills
- Proficient with CAD and Inventor/Solidworks,
- Experience with equipment design
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced project install manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively on all levels of an organization
- Project leadership/management experience (including milestone management and financial ownership)
- Experience in vendor/supplier management on-site/off-site
- Mechanical equipment and systems interactions
- Proficient with PC software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented and able to perform with limited supervision.
- Ability to work & effectively collaborate within a team
- Ability to allocate/supervise resources to accomplish aggressive project milestones & timeline within specification and costs.
- Able to shift tasks quickly
- Able to prioritize and multitask
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written