User Experience Designer, Accessible and Inclusive Design
808 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94103 US
Pay: $85 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K
Planet Interactive's well-known Technology client is seeking a User Experience Designer, Accessible and Inclusive Design with up to 5 years of experience designing for accessible and inclusive design.
For this role you MUST have knowledge of designing within WCAG Guidelines 2.2 and designing for visual, auditory, and cognitive and learning disabilities.
User Experience Designer, Accessible and Inclusive Design Responsibilities:
- Create accessible digital products, and this role will drive accessible and inclusive design across their products by working closely with colleagues in design and engineering.
- Partner with cross-functional design teams to help define the team’s strategy, roadmap, and priorities for creating accessible digital products.
- Provide feedback and critique on accessibility and inclusion in design reviews.
- Explore, drive, and implement inclusive design processes across design system platforms like web, iOS, and Android products.
- Advocate to stakeholders and educate them on inclusive and accessible design practices.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to design intuitive experiences that meet business and user needs.
- Expert knowledge of accessible/inclusive design principles and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.x).
- 2–6 years of industry experience designing digital products.
- Attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product.
- Solid understanding of layout and visual hierarchy.
- Ability to work within and extend a design system.
- A capacity to give and receive critical feedback.
- UX or Product Design portfolio that illustrates the product goals, user needs, project constraints, and solutions to those issues while prioritizing accessible design.
- Must have expert knowledge working in Figma