324 W 29th St Oshkosh, WI 54902 US
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- Will be responsible for running trade shows/marketing events/corporate events/weapon certifications/etc. This is a forward facing role, the right candidate will need to be comfortable speaking to the product as well as answering questions that come up at the events. Will also be meeting with high level clientele/representatives (including but not limited to 3 star generals, senators, congressmen, VP’s of countries, etc).
- 50% travel both domestic and international
- Technical Diploma with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Ability to travel 50%.
- Associate’s degree with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Certified Welder (CW) (internal certification required at Commercial segment).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).