Groves, TX 77619 US
- Requires an Respirator Fitness Physical https://www.concentra.com/physical-exams/respirator-exams/
- Role does require basic math skills, and the ability to obtain a Hazwoper40, and 20 hour Refinery Safety Overview.
- The role will monitor the levels pressures and temperatures of equipment, and record levels at regular increments.
- This role requires standard drug screening and criminal background check.
- Shift will start as Mon-Fri 7PM to 4PM for training. The site does not always operate 24 hour shifts, but the plant can change production to 7X24 without notice.
- The Operator operate(s) and maintain(s) sludge, de-watering treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in refinery/industrial facility to meet customer specifications under direct supervision.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, centrifuges, valves, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Under Supervision perform the following: keep the work area neat and clean; collect liquid and solid samples and perform routine sampling testing; log and record process readings; perform unit rounds; assist in facility equipment preventative maintenance; and assist in general maintenance of facility equipment.
- Diagnose basic operational problems and take corrective action per procedures.
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor or designee and take corrective actions.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work area and equipment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’ s License and maintain throughout employment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Read and understand instructions/signs/directions in English.
- Proficient mathematical skills; attention to detail and follow up.
- Able to focus and observed instrument screens for periods of time.
- Proficient using PC, word processing and email software.
- Pass drug screens, physical and safety sensitive background check.
- Work effectively in diverse team environments that are dynamic.
- Wear required personal protective equipment including; clothing, gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
- Enter and exit company vehicles without assistance.
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs; and up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Sit or stand periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp.
- Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms/pathways, gravel and uneven surfaces.
- Able to walk across pathways with open enclosures at heights of 10 to 25 feet.
- Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.