Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Director
6 Tide Street , Suite 400 Boston, MA 02210 US
We are seeking a Director Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, reporting to the VP, Accounting & Financial Reporting. The position ensures the integrity and accuracy of our financial statements. This role regularly interacts with senior management, investor relations, legal, accounting, financial planning and analysis and internal/external auditors.
- Leading all technical accounting areas of the financial statements, including equity method investees, financial instruments, equity and liability, investments held at fair value, share based payments, Revenue recognition, Tax accounting, and consolidations, under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Lead the valuation process of various financial instruments and non-financial assets, including preparation of memorandums supporting valuation inputs and valuation results
- Assess and analyze the technical accounting and financial reporting implications of complex transactions. Prepare technical accounting memorandums supporting our accounting position and communicate the impact of those matters to executive management and external auditors.
- Be a trusted business partner and work collaboratively with various stakeholders across the company. Effectively communicate accounting issues to business partners, provide resolution so that relevant accounting issues are identified and resolved.
- Be Responsible for preparation of financial statements under IFRS, including implementing new presentation and disclosure requirements
- Assist with compiling quarterly/half-year Audit Committee presentations, in coordination with executive management.
- Assist with the preparation of our Forms 20-F, ARA, interim reports and 6-K filings with the SEC and the London Stock Exchange, and other regulatory requirements, including preparation of MD&A and other financial related sections.
- Assist with the interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Partner with various teams across the company to design, reinforce and operationalize our accounting policies.
- Develop accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure an effective 404b compliant internal control environment
- Ensure performance of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, with an emphasis on complex accounting processes
- Team with our internal/external auditors to ensure an efficient and effective audit process.
- Support the development of specific skills and knowledge among team members to ensure sustained performance and to prepare for success in future responsibilities.
- Assist in any tasks or projects as required
- 10-15 years of combined experience in public accounting with a Big 4 firm and corporate financial reporting in a public company
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of IFRS preferred
- Advanced technical accounting skills, including with regard to equity method, financial instruments, equity, and liability, share based payments, Tax accounting, consolidations, and revenue recognition under both US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with technical accounting and SOX considerations around valuation of various financial instruments and investments – strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of SEC and FRC (UK) reporting requirements
- Experience converting US GAAP financials into IFRS
- Experience with internal controls over financial reporting, including the building of a 404b effective internal control framework and the performance of controls
- Experience managing and interacting with the external auditors (a Big-4 firm)
- Licensed CPA
- Biotech industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused and has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously