Structural Engineering Technician 4
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 4 functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Drive for results, self-development, listening, informing, dealing with ambiguity, priority setting, planning, delegation
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications for design or modeling skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically, a minimum of 5-year related work experience.
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Excellent time management
- Team building
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.