The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Examples of Duties:
Staff Land Use Planner
5511 Capital Center Drive Raleigh, NC 27606 US
Posted: 03/24/2023 2023-03-24 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Environmental Job Number: 544472 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- The Staff Land Use Planner will perform work which involves conventional methods but may involve a variety of complex features.
- This position will assist Senior Planners on large, complex projects. For projects of a small to medium size and/or scope, the Staff Land Use Planner will be responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and conducting work, including managing the budget and subcontractors working on the project.
- With guidance from Senior Land Use Planners, this position will serve as the primary contact for clients, the primary negotiator with local government staff and elected officials, will present before Boards and Commissions, and will direct engineers as to the type of plans needed for application development for projects of a small to medium size, scope and complexity.
- This position will establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, governmental agencies, organizations, and the public.
- This position will be responsible for the development of proposals to prospective clients for project opportunities, as well as other duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Manage land use projects of a small to medium size, scope and complexity, including subcontractor selection and management, and project budget
- Assist Senior Planners on large scale projects as needed
- Develop proposals for prospective land use projects
- Negotiate with Governmental agencies’ staff and elected officials
- Guide, mentor and train Assistant Land Use Planners
- Present and litigate land use applications before local Boards and Commissions
- Coordinate and direct engineers to develop application materials
- Serve as the primary contact for the client
- Write clear, concise, logical, complex and technical reports
- Interface with the public at public hearings
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, Environmental Science, Economics or Government from an accredited college or university, Master’s degree or Juris Doctor (JD) preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a land use planning related position at a utility, private consulting firm, or government agency or office.
- Must have extensive knowledge of local, state and federal land use regulation, ordinances, statutes and procedures as well as an understanding of the legal basis for land use planning, zoning, subdivision, environmental management and land development.
- This position requires a high level of competence and experience working with and presenting to local, state of federal governmental boards or commissions
- Must have experience delivering effective presentations at public hearings, in font of community groups, government officials and Boards or Commissions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be comfortable with public speaking
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard methods and techniques.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.