The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Staff Instrument & Controls Designer
9201 State Line Road Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Posted: 04/19/2023 2023-04-19 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 560462 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Our client is seeking to hire a Staff Instrument & Controls Designer in their Kansas City, MO office within their Oil, Gas & Chemical group, working on minor and major scale EPC projects and serving mid-stream, refining, chemical, and renewable industries.
- The Staff Instrument & Controls Designer will be part of the part of the engineering team working on I&C systems design for EPC projects in Oil & Gas industry. This position is to work in a team environment and produce instrumentation & controls design deliverables.
- Expert in using 2D AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Prepare designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
- Work with our clients team in India's I&C team and other disciplines to produce I&C design deliverables. Work with clients and vendors for information required to complete design deliverables on schedule. Interface and support construction personnel directly.
- Experienced working in 3D model environment and utilizing smart-tools like SPI and AVEVA, preparation of construction deliverables like panel/building layouts, cable schedule, installation details, instrument index, instrument location plans, loop diagrams, and wiring/termination drawings.
- Strong knowledge of field instrumentation installations. Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced staff members.
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experience I&C design staff. Support I&C project lead in developing schedule, budgets, and managing resources.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in a relevant field of study. Equivalent combination of experience and training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Able to plan and execute work without extra oversight.
- Understands project schedule and budgets.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience is desired.
- Must be willing and able to obtain, or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- pay: $38-50