Staff Geologist - P2
Richmond, VA 23236 US
• The position duties and responsibilities are dynamic from day to day and will generally require 60% office work, 40% field work within the Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Responsible for case management of projects with senior oversight.
• Responsible for preparation of work plans and comprehensive technical reports
• Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
• Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection.
• Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
• Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
• Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
• Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
• Ensure adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment. Skills and Requirements:
• Must be agreeable to regular travel, including overnight travel, throughout Virginia and the Carolinas.
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
• 5-7+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field.
• Case management experience on petroleum and/or industrial projects preferred.
• Must be resourceful with excellent communication and writing skills and possess a high degree of initiative and time management skills.
• Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete report with a focus on QA/QC.
• Field work requires wearing personal protection equipment and working outdoors in all seasons.
• Experience with Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina regulations a plus.
• Experience associated with environmental permitting that includes natural resources inventory, wetland delineations, species assessments, and environmental sampling (chemical and biological) is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, geologic logging/cross section programs required.
• Experience with and/or certification in Virginia Erosion & Sediment Control and Stormwater Management a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental remediation systems a plus.