The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Staff GIS Specialist
4004 Summit Blvd. Ste. 1200 Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Other Job Number: 549953 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- The Staff Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will develop, update, analyze, and manage GIS data for a wide variety of projects in the Southeastern Region.
- This position will require a variety of GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS data maintenance and data preparation for use in utility site selection and routing, environmental constraints and impacts analysis and will regularly communicate project status to our stakeholders (clients, project managers, internal clients), as customer service is a key component of the Staff GIS Specialist position.
- The Staff GIS Specialist will work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement.
- Analyze GIS, data, and mapping for the Engineering, and Environmental Studies departments while supporting both internal and external project teams.
- Develop and review GIS mapping and data collection tasks.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (AGOL, Esri, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables.
- Perform digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Execute projections and transformations for project deliverables.
- Support GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods.
- Create and update new and existing GIS maps and map layers and GPS data edition and representation using ArcGIS in support of field surveys.
- Collect GPS data and post-processing for high accuracy data specifications.
- Support GIS metadata creation.
- Design extensions and add-ins for GIS applications such as ESRI ArcGIS Online for in-house use.
- Perform land survey records search, ownership data research from various sources.
- Support georeference Raster and Vector data.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or closely related natural science field.
- Applicable years of experience may be applied for degree requirement.
- Masters degree or GIS Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Prior GPS and applicable natural science field experience a plus.
- Experience working in the ArcGIS desktop environment is required (ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher a plus).
- Strong GIS skills, including data analysis abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.