The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Staff Electrical Engineer
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Posted: 03/27/2023 2023-03-27 2023-04-27 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 483778 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Designs include the electrical interconnect to the bulk power grid and all associated power generating facility auxiliary power equipment.
- Equipment includes rotating machines, such as generators and motors, large power transformers, generator circuit breakers, isolated phase bus duct, non-segregated phase bus duct, switchgear, motor control centers, small power transformers, and variable frequency drives.
- Engineer will execute complex assignments requiring the application of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- Some specific duties & responsibilities include:
- Coordinating project design assignments and design teams
- Electrical system modeling including grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analysis;
- Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies;
- Developing scope of work, conceptual design, and execution plans;
- Developing equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment;
- Preparing engineering cost and man-hour estimates and schedules;
- Preparing/creating construction documents for the installation of new or modifications of existing power generating facility electrical systems;
- Performing Project Management duties on electrical discipline projects;
- Provide leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to less experienced staff members; Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside personnel
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and reports
- Some marketing responsibilities
- Other duties will be assigned as required
- Electrical Engineers are encouraged and empowered to take on advanced opportunities which may include positions as Lead Engineers, Engineering Managers, Project Managers, and Business Development Managers.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive design and project management responsibilities.
- Has experience with design scope development, budget preparation and project execution meeting schedule requirements and maintaining established budgets.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of interpreting and developing solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in electrical power, medium voltage, low voltage, lighting, grounding, electrical equipment control, protective relaying and associated systems design and construction administration strongly preferred.
- Facility type designs may include power generating facilities, process facilities, and large industrial facilities.
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred.
- SmartPlant / SmartPlant Electrical experienced preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communications as well as strong analytical & problem solving skills are required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred.
- Completion of FE exam strongly preferred.