The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Pay Range: $30-34
1703 32nd St. NW Washington, DC 20007 , 124 Mt Auburn Street Washington, DC 20007 US
Posted: 03/22/2023 2023-03-22 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Accounting & Finance Job Number: 549568 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Pay Range: $30-34
- Associate's Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Experience with computer information systems, desktop applications, online processes, and data processing.
- Works with multiple sources of funding which may include donor or research restricted funds.
- Performs or coordinates several areas of financial accounting, recordkeeping, processing or administration.
- May conduct one or more of the following duties.
- Prepare budget for department, unit or school working with core or sponsored research funds usually utilizing information and assumptions provided by others.
- Review or reconcile accounts, transactions, or balances.
- Provide research and basic data analysis for use in financial planning and decision making.
- Prepare complex financial reports that may require selection, preparation, and interpretation of data using a complex data query tool and spreadsheet application.
- Generate entries to accounting and record keeping systems, and establish procedures for tracking and reporting.
- Process or assist with payments of vendor invoices, and individual reimbursements.
- Research accounting discrepancies
- Review and approve high volume accounts payable invoices, including verifying account coding and compliance with policies and procedures; resolve related problems.
- Perform general ledger reconciliation account analysis.
- Process wire transfers and ACH (Automated Clearinghouse Payments) reconciling monthly.
- Process all void and/or stop payment requests and reissue payments as necessary.
- Reconcile accounts and initiate corrective action, including reconciliation of multiple systems.
- Prepare journal entries related to cash and credit card activities.
- Research inquiries from departments and propose solutions.
- Conduct transfer of financial information from internal accounting system, exporting applicable files to the University system.
- Manage petty cash account and assist with daily cash count.
- Preparation and submission of 1099 form reporting.
- Assist with the monthly close process and year-end procedures.
- Assist with budget and forecasting processes.
- Work as part of a team in the overall daily functions of the Finance Office, to assist with meeting goals and deadlines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.