Sr. Controls Software Engineer (PLC)
27200 SW Parkway Ave Wilsonville, OR 97070 US
• Bosch, Beckhoff, or Siemens PLC control architecture
• High speed/high accuracy servo-based motion control
• 4 to 6-axis robot integration
• Custom User Interfaces following SEMI standards
• 2D and 3D Laser Metrology
• SCADA and HMI development
• Vision guided motion
• Leads teams of Controls Software Engineers to provide software solutions on time and budget
• Architects, designs, codes, tests, and maintains complex PLC software applications.
• Develops detailed software design specifications for assigned projects.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in PLC software design, testing techniques, and PLC
software development tools.
• Provides design guidelines, and general and detailed software design specifications to other
• Assists in project schedule development.
• Effectively assess and communicate project risks. Deliver risk mitigation plans.
• Suggests new and innovative approaches to solving problems.
• Interfaces with customers during quoting, specification, design-review, buy-off, and installation phases.
• Participates to develop company processes, procedures, and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent PLC software development skills.
• Expert at PLC programming of Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs (Beckhoff & Mitsubishi a plus)
• PLC servo motion control integration experience.
• Excellent PLC UI development skills (following SEMI standards).: