Sr T-Line Engineer
Denver, CO 32034 US
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Transmission Line Engineer; this individual will sit anywhere in the US, working fully remote. Project requirements will include detail engineering and support of transmission line projects (generally 69,000 volts to 500,000 volts) from conceptual design through construction support.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will assist the preparation of specifications, calculations, drawings and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts.
- Coordinating and directing design engineers and technical staff to ensure that projects that you lead are executed successfully and in a timely manner.
- Writing and editing technical reports and engineering studies.
- You will also be a liaison with clients and contractors, coordinating with various disciplines and permitting agencies and exercising project management skills.
- You will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects with the liberty to advance your career down a number of paths within the Power Delivery sector.
- You will contribute to a diverse company, bridging the gaps between the various sectors of infrastructure engineering Stantec operates within, domestically and internationally.
- Be a self-motivated individual, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, to manage others, their workload, and client expectations.
- Complete skillsets in modeling transmission lines in PLS suite, preparing route alignments, preparing plan and profiles, performing structural analysis, detailed knowledge of hardware assemblies and conductors, structure detail drawings and BOMs. Tower design skillsets is a plus.
- Experience developing assembly, framing, loading and design drawings for wood, frp, concrete, and steel transmission structures.
- Familiarity and sufficient knowledge in related electrical studies, such as EMF, fault current, grounding, contaminants study and clearance analysis for transmission line design.
- Experience with lattice towers is a plus.
- Familiarity with geotechnical data interpretation for foundation design and embedment calculations for transmission structures.
- Experience designing foundations and calculating embedment depths for a variety of structure types and geotechnical requirements.
- Ability to communicate with survey and GIS personnel. Familiarity with interpreting survey data and incorporating it into PLS-CADD.
- Proficiency with L-Pile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of project management systems (engineering, quality, construction, HSE, etc.) as well as field construction support experience and willingness to develop skills further.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to develop thorough and concise explanations of difficult engineering solutions to clients or internal team members
- Familiar with industry standards regarding transmission lines including ASCE, ACI, IEEE, NESC, RUS Bulletins and GO-95.
- PE preferred or ability to attain after one year
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BSCE) from an ABET accredited college or university.
- 7+ years of experience in the design of overhead high voltage and extra high voltage transmission lines including route selection, line and structure spotting, structure design and analysis, and development of construction bid packages (underground transmission design experience up to 230 kV is a plus).