The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Sr Environmental Technician
26471 Southpoint Rd. Perrysburg, OH 43551 US
Posted: 05/25/2023 2023-05-25 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract To Hire Job Category: Environmental Job Number: 568103 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Our Client is seeking Senior Environmental Technicians with at least 3-5 years of experience. This is a full-time position with benefits at in Perrysburg and/or Cleveland, Ohio offices. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Air, soil and groundwater monitoring/sampling
- Remediation system installation oversight
- Environmental site assessments
- Spill response support
- UST Closures
- Field documentation, analysis and surveying
- Drilling and excavation oversight
- Research on state, local, and federal levels
- Systems operations and maintenance along with other related environmental consulting tasks.
- Strong observation, communication, organizational and technical writing abilities
- Adheres to Health & Safety standards in all field-related activities as well as all Company Policies & Procedures.
- Assures installation & repair activities comply with OSHA requirements and engineering design.
- Supervision of subcontractors and junior technicians for complex field activities.
- Coordinates and conducts complex groundwater/soil sampling programs in accordance with applicable analytical methodologies and QA/QC protocols. In association with collecting groundwater samples, records groundwater and product levels and bail product from wells.
- Completes monitoring well elevation surveying and scaled field maps.
- Capable of conducting remedial system troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Capable of optimizing system components and operational parameters.
- Capable of servicing pumps, blowers, compressors.
- Capable of overseeing large, high profile excavation and soil verification sampling activities.
- Equipment/material procurement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, stairs and walk on a variety of terrain
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and work with computerized database searches
- Valid Driver’s License
- OSHA 40 hour Health & Safety training at Hazardous Waste Sites
- Current OSHA 8 hour Refresher
- Mechanically inclined
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time under strict deadlines