The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Sr Environmental Planner - Project Manager
1001 Bishop St Ste 1600 Honolulu, HI 96813 US
Posted: 03/08/2023 2023-03-08 2023-04-27 Employment Type: Direct Hire/Perm Job Category: Environmental Job Number: 533438 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Our client is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager for immediate employment in Honolulu, Hawaii. This exciting position includes providing project-level leadership and technical expertise for a broad range of multidisciplinary projects, including facility and community plans, military installation plans (ADP, IDP), special planning studies, permitting, and state and Federal environmental compliance processes (NEPA, HEPA).
- Providing NEPA and permitting oversight, authority, and accountability for projects.
- Serving as a Project Manager on different size projects, including financial management and reporting, subconsultant oversight, and technical staff management.
- Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables.
- Responding to a variety of ongoing requests to support projects under our existing contracts, including refining task needs, scoping and costing tasks, and identifying and assigning staff.
- Engaging in business development activities and pursuits.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Providing leadership in mentoring personnel, including reviewing their work for accuracy and clarity and providing constructive feedback.
- Participating in professional associations/events relevant to the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Planning or related field, or Bachelor's Degree and demonstrated equivalent work experience in environmental field
- 6+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and related technical studies
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance
- Master’s Degree in Environmental, Urban and/or Regional Planning or a related discipline
- Experience with Hawaii planning projects
- 10+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and business development for environmental planning projects.
- At least 3 years relevant Project Management experience
- Experience with environmental compliance, permitting, and agency consultations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage tasks and interact with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence and experience in working with teams, clients, and subcontractors
- Exceptional detail orientation and attention to quality
- Led or worked on major NEPA efforts (EISs), with a demonstrated proficiency in applying NEPA to projects
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Proficiency using ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.