Sr Environmental Engineer
Phoenix, AZ 85001 US
Our client is seeking a Sr. Civil /Environmental Engineer to join our Remediation Department based in Phoenix, Arizona. They are seeking candidates who will be able to immediately contribute to the successful delivery of existing projects, and to promote growth in existing and new markets. The successful candidate will assume leadership roles on projects and within the department, and will develop strong relationships with the team, and with clients to enable the pursuit of new opportunities. They desire a candidate who can be the technical lead across a breadth of technical and regulatory disciplines, and who has the skills to develop staff into a broad technical team to fulfill project needs and objectives. They are seeking candidates with demonstrated qualifications in technical performance, business development, and leadership roles.
This position requires excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and time management skills, flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn new skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with members of the project team, clients, site personnel and office management, and have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team.
- Develop new business, including marketing and proposing to potential and existing clients, and be integral in process of securing and managing clients and contracts.
- Act as Project Manager on large, complex projects, responsible for technical delivery, schedule management, fiscal management, client liaison, reporting requirements, and coordination with project team members.
- Assume full technical and project management responsibility for soil, groundwater, and vapor investigation and remediation projects, including planning, scheduling, and coordination. Undertake technical work in accordance with the contracted scope of work, budget, schedule and legislative standards
- Coordinate and prepare written reports, work plans, and technical memorandums; analyze data and develop supported conclusions.
- Work collaboratively with other members and teams within the remediation department, and other professionals within other internal business lines.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase project efficiencies, improve technical methodologies and add value to client service offerings
- Assist with development of junior staff through ongoing mentoring
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and Supervisor certification
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, civil, or environmental engineering
- 10+ years of experience in an environmental engineering consulting company
- Professional Registration in Arizona or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Valid Driver's license
- Seller-doer with business development and client management experience
- Experience as a project manager and technical lead on investigations, feasibility studies, remedial design, and remedial action oversight
- Strong understanding of remediation system design, cost estimating, construction, and OM&M.
- Experience with the breadth of federal and local environmental laws, such as CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, etc