The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Sr Electrical Distribution Engineer
9797 Aero Drive, Suite 310 San Diego, CA 92123 US
Posted: 03/13/2023 2023-03-13 2023-04-27 Employment Type: Direct Hire/Perm Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 553003 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Our client is looking for a Sr Distribution Engineer to join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work to advance the industry and build your career. They operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
- Perform QA/QC on projects before submittal to the client
- Training and mentorship of entry level designers and engineers
- Perform detailed design and engineering calc’s of the overhead and underground electric distribution systems to comply with the client’s standards, specifications, preferences, and relevant industry standards (GO95, GO128, NESC, RUS etc.)
- Prepare cost estimates on engineering and fielding efforts.
- Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 38kV and under
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on
- Function as Project Engineer on assigned projects
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, and hand over
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards
- Experience working with major electrical utilities
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to travel up to 20%
- Education and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Overhead and Underground Distribution engineering and design.
- P.E. Professional Engineer license