Shift Supervisor: Operations
3465 GA-198 , Suite 201 Carnesville, GA 30521 US
The Shift Supervisor supervises five or more full time employees in the operations department. Manages the shift activities and is responsible for ensuring that plant operations are completed safely. The Supervisor monitors operations at our facility and guarantees the respect and application of the company's rules and standards while managing the working teams.
- Guarantee the respect and application of the regulations established by the Company;
- Manage the different working teams;
- Divide the work between employees and keep the workers well informed of the tasks to be performed;
- Oversee the effective completion and profitability of the works in accordance with the established standards, equipment required, schedules, working teams and client's demands;
- Protect the workers' health and safety by verifying that personal protective equipment is available and appropriately worn by the workers, guaranteeing the hygiene of the equipment and workers, analyzing risks and ensuring the safety of the work sites;
- Assess certain types of work in conjunction with the sales department;
- Coordinate work organization and allocation according to the ongoing contracts in conjunction with the representatives;
- Be available at any time to respond to emergency situations;
- Prepare different reports for the attention of the division director;
- Be available for on-call duty from time to time;Implement the ""Health and Safety"" breaks;Oversee the cleanliness of the work sites;
- Make sure the documents relating to the works are correctly completed by the operators. (JSA, mechanical report, daily report, wash certificate, logbook, etc.);
- Be the person in charge on the work sites;
- Establish continuity between the different shifts;
- Prepare and develop different procedures and work instructions;
- Investigate work-related accidents;
- Maintain personnel discipline and complete a disciplinary report for any incident relating to the behavior of a worker, in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement;
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Mechanical or electrical trade school graduate
- Two to three years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- At least five years’ experience operating, maintaining, and supervising boilers, baghouses, steam turbine generators, and auxiliary equipment.
- Previous experience in an electrical generating biomass power plant
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize workload and be detail oriented in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Considerable knowledge of relevant mechanical and electrical systems throughout the plant.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team environment.
- Must have general knowledge of budget preparation and understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated good verbal communications and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, and complete reports of power plant operations, power and water usage, as well as costs.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer systems for preparing work orders and purchasing requisitions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.