Senior Research Associate, CMC
561 Eccles Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Salary Range: 90-110K/yr
• The Senior Research Associate will be a process chemist contributing to the CMC team by
conducting laboratory-based chemistry research and development activities to support pipeline of pre-clinical and clinical programs.
• The candidate is expected to exercise a broad working knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry reactions and techniques to perform process optimization, scale-up, and other experimental development studies.
• With guidance from their supervisor and project leadership, the Research Associate will integrate data from our Medicinal Chemistry group and external vendors into the design of experiments to support process development.
• The position offers potential for scientific growth and gain of CMC and cGMP knowledge while working on novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute bench-scale experiments (from vial to overhead stirrer/jacketed reactor setups) to find
optimal synthetic routes for key intermediates/final compounds
• Requires a basic understanding of reactivity and functional group compatibility with the
materials and reagents employed
• Requires hands-on knowledge of compound characterization/structural elucidation techniques
including, but not limited to, NMR and mass spectrometry
• Develop crystallizations, analyzing isolated solids in multiple ways (solubility, DSC, visual
• Maintain detailed, clear, and accurate records of experiments in electronic notebooks
• Integrate key experiments/data into technical reports and tech transfer documentation
• Present concise summaries & interpretations of experimental results in group meetings
• Help maintain the efficiency of the CMC organization through activities such as inventory
management, sample shipments, etc. as needed
• BS or MS in chemistry with synthetic chemistry experience
• 3-5 years of industry experience in a process chemistry setting
• Experience working safely in a fast-paced lab environment