Senior Nuclear Planner
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
This position will provide technical support by reviewing Design Changes (DC) packages prior to implementation. This DC preparation will include reviewing engineering drawings, specifications and recommending changes for constructability. They will also coordinate, monitor, and oversee work activities in the field providing oversight to supplemental craft personnel. Coordinate and monitor the performance of vendors. The Senior Nuclear Construction Specialist will participate in budget and scheduling meetings, providing input on manpower requirements, duration, dates, and materials. They will perform field walkdowns and constructability reviews prior to the start of work to identify potential problems. They will be required to monitor and oversee various craft disciplines for projects including electrical, mechanical, welding, civil and instrumentation. This position will prepare, and review construction procedures as needed for the projects. They will ensure all work activities are performed in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Resolve construction related problems involving the engineering drawings, specifications, and design change packages.
Top 3 Required Skills
- Knowledge of electrical procedures and codes In depth knowledge of processes and procedures required to implement physical modifications to the facility
- Strong personnel computer skills including Maximo, SAP, DocTop, Microsoft Office Suite, Plant Asset Management System (PAMS)
- Strong organizational skills Completion of Nuclear Electrical Development Program (NEDP) or applicable experience is desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience 8 or more years construction/projects experience which may include hands on project management experience in the electrical field and documented experience in the planning and / or implementation of construction projects (nuclear experience is preferred)
- Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the year of experience. A Master's Degree will count as one year toward the years of experience.
- Bachelor Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
- Engineering/maintenance/project management experience
- Experience in the Nuclear field, construction field, or utilities field