Senior Instructor - Simulator Change Coordinator
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
This individual will be responsible for coordinating changes to the three plant simulators for at least five plant upgrade phases
- ANSI 3.5 Certified Operations Training Simulator
- Operations Training Full Scope Glass Top Plant Simulator
- Accountability for documenting Digital I&C Upgrade design change technical impacts on the Simulators and coordinating incorporation of those changes by our I&C and Simulator vendors.
- Regularly attendance of individual project team meetings and working with each project lead engineer to document Simulator impacts
- Reviews of simulator change documentation from the I&C and Simulator vendors.
Top 3 Required Skills
- Experience as an NRC certified Reactor Operator
- Managing simulator change/upgrades
- Familiarity with maintaining compliance for an ANSI 3.5 accredited simulator
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience as a nuclear plant Simulator Engineer
- Previous experience managing Corys simulator environments
- Working knowledge of PLC, DCS, and other controls applications, especially Emerson Ovation systems
- Familiarity with nuclear power plant environments
- Familiarity with typical nuclear Piping & Instrument Diagrams (PI&D) and Test Loop Diagrams (TLD)
- Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, and analytical instrumentation.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Simulator Maintenance and upgrades.
- Shared responsibility for at least one major Simulator software/hardware upgrade.
- Degree in Engineering or associated technical training in simulator networking, machine human interface, and instrumentation & control
Licenses, Certifications, Qualifications or Standards Preferred:
- Reactor Operator (RO) or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or Senior Instructor Training Certification
- Must have nuclear industry experience