Senior HR Manager
1501 K Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20005 US
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with employees, managers and lawyers, while developing a positive reputation as a key business partner.
- Supervise and mentor members of the local HR team to foster a collaborative, high-performing, results-driven approach to achieving department objectives and service delivery.
- Counsel managers on talent management, employee development and team building.
- Oversee conflict resolutions, investigations, performance improvement plans and represent the firm at personnel-related hearings.
- Consult with HR Director to identify equitable resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Advise management on solutions that increase employee engagement, address organizational challenges and improve the employee experience.
- Manage new employee orientation and the overall onboarding experience.
- Lead performance management processes and annual compensation recommendations for business services professionals.
- Oversee recruitment process, assess staffing needs, provide guidance to hiring managers and staff recruiting team, develop job descriptions, match market data to jobs, analyze hiring trends and develop equitable offers.
- Educate personnel on the firm’s health and wellness offerings including leave benefits, accommodations and wellness work resources; liaison between employees and managers during leaves of absence.
- Manage business services professionals exit process, conduct exit interviews and analyze data to make recommendations to management for continuous improvement.
- Communicate various firm policies and initiatives to personnel; respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
- Manage relationships with external workstudy partners (Cristo Rey, Year-Up, etc.).
- Identify operational enhancements to drive continued efficiencies in delivering HR services.
- Direct timely data entry and accurate employee status changes in the HRIS system.
- Maintain personnel records and employee relations documentation.
- Keep abreast of HR legislation and trends to ensure best practices and compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- 7 years overall Human Resources experience
- 5 years as Human Resources Management (generalist experience)
- Experience coaching and advising managers on employee relations
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with HRIS databases
- MBA or graduate degree
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Human Resources management experience in a professional services environment
- People management experience