Senior Electrical Engineer
130 E Chestnut St Suite 401 Columbus, OH 43215 US
The ideal candidate would have project team and client management experience in a consulting engineering environment working within the Healthcare industry.
- Project and client management, overseeing of electrical design execution.
- Prepare proposals and administer project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Work with department manager(s) for planning and managing the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff, and when necessary, self-perform the following:
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of power distribution, lighting systems, and backup power systems.
- Coordinate with specialists for fire alarm, technology and lighting design as required by project scope of work.
- Coordinate with architects, mechanical/plumbing engineers and other disciplines for equipment power needs and sizing electrical distribution.
- Perform electrical design calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules.
- Develop electrical systems one-line diagrams.
- Select and schedule electrical equipment.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all electrical design elements.
- Prepare design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Provide cost opinions for budgeting construction, and reviewing contractor change orders.
- Perform project construction administration including response to RFI’s and accurate review of submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conduct business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations.
- 10 - 15 years of electrical design and project management in consulting engineering.
- Working knowledge of design and analysis software such as Revit, AutoCAD, SKM, ETAP, Easypower.
- Good knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), State Energy Code, NFPA guidelines, and FGI guidelines.
- Experience with electrical system studies such as short circuit, over-current device coordination, and Arc Flash Hazard analysis per NPFA 70E.
- Ability to instruct staff in project communications, and client management.
- Proficient knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- PE License preferred.