Senior Director Commercial Planning, Contracts and Pricing
201 Burlington Road Bedford, MA 01730 US
- Leads and develops accurate product sales projections to be utilized in Plan, LRP, and Portfolio submissions (including market and competitive landscape forecasts) – using sound analytical assumptions and effective communication of rationale/methodology with close collaboration and guidance with Finance and Commercial Analytics and Insights.
- Supports the identification of key risks and opportunities inherent in the forecast and proposes appropriate methodologies for addressing them.
- Partner with Commercial colleagues to perform month-end (Quarterly/Yearly) close processes including the preparation of price, demand, and status commentary (to Commercial VPs and Business Leads).
- Work directly with the Franchises, Contracting, Finance, and the Business Insights Teams to address various business issues and provide solutions through analytical problem solving.
- Monitor Company and Market Sales, analyzing relevant data sources to identify and explain variances.
- Collect, analyze, and integrate primary research and secondary data with other market knowledge to draw inferences and conclusions.
- Support ad-hoc analytical support on various Business needs including product launch scenarios, Forecast/Demand projections, and the impact of channel/product mix updates.
- Previous pharmaceutical and forecasting experience required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills are required.
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and critical thinking skills, along with good people skills to effectively work with all levels of management.
- Contribute industry expertise to the development and execution of corporate strategic plan as appropriate; consistently demonstrates exceptional judgement.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and information both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner to all levels within the organization.
- Champion and instill company and cultural values. Ensure initiatives align with company culture and corporate goals.
- A minimum of seven years combined experience in Analytics, forecasting, and/or financial planning and analysis is required.
- BS/BA in Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting.
- Extensive commercial experience with a solid record of achievement in either therapeutics or diagnostics, including launch experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and or medical device industry and hospital systems (e.g., GPOs, Medical Directors, P&T Committees, referral patterns, etc.), as well as federal, state, industry, company and customer compliance regulations and policy