Senior Controls Specialist
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
- Assist with Capital Projects annual budget, monthly forecasts, and rider filing data.
- Prepares cost estimates and supports in-service and retirement of station assets (fixed assets knowledge)
- Requires knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) required for month-end liabilities and reporting.
- Implements internal control policy and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the project management team and various internal groups, such as station departments
- Ability to develop Ad Hoc MS Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Ability to lead meetings at station location periodically.
Other related duties include:
- Self-starter and makes decisions independently.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems of high complexity.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in Excel and financial systems
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ year of experience of cost or budget analyst
- Cost Control or Project Cost Controls experience for complex projects.
- Ability to work with multiple Project Managers to analyze and forecast costs to the labor, materials and service levels at a detailed level.
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or budget analyst experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education - Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility