Sales Engineer (Motion Controls)
Sacramento, CA 94208 US
Motion Controls Territory Sales Engineer
The Motion Controls Territory Sales Engineer is focused on acquiring proficiency in the knowledge and skills necessary for success in the organization and applying this knowledge in preserving and growing the product with existing accounts and securing new accounts for business growth. Translates technical specifications into features and benefits that demonstrably sell value. Successfully maintains an existing base and achieves growth objectives through superior sales skills. Utilizes time, territory, and prioritization management skills to maximize profitable volume growth. Assists other Outside Sales team members in their sales activities as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves assigned territory penetration, growth, and sales goals by identifying and securing new accounts and by defending, retaining, and increasing the profitable penetration of existing accounts.
- Identifies market, competitive, and segment issues and opportunities in the assigned territory. Formulates a business plan and introduces sales initiatives that address or capitalize on situations and opportunities. Identifies sales opportunities and recommends effective strategies for conversion.
- Maintains effective oral and written communications to inform Sales Management on the status of accounts, segment plans, and programs in process; changing conditions, attitudes, and requirements within the marketplace; competitive activities; and on unusual problems or accomplishments which might affect business results.
- Maintains professional relationships with key personnel to foster trust and influence opportunities. Maximizes sales effectiveness through lead generation, the communication and sharing of market segment information, the introductions and coordination of market segment programs, and attending trade shows. Expeditiously and effectively handles customer orders, complaints and requests for information and data concerning market segments, products, and capabilities, availability, prices, and bid expirations.
- Acquires knowledge of users and distribution personnel to preserve existing business and enhance the introduction of new products. Establishes and maintains effective records to enhance planning and follow-up activities.
- Responds to performance and career development feedback and takes action to address areas of improvement or enhance strengths.
- Supports goals through the collection and communication of information related to competitive manufacturers, products, sales personnel, practices, and the major accounts they manage.
Job Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent CRM and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to resolve day-to day issues
- Ability to properly prioritize activities
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years technical sales experience including selling directly to OEMs, preferably in the Motion Control or complimentary industry
- Ability to travel as assigned and required. 60% weekly travel is expected
- Valid driver’s license and proof of state required insurance