SR Mechanical Engineer
1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Project team and client management experience in a consulting engineering environment working with private and public sector clients is preferred.
- Project and Client management.
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff or self-Perform the following:
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop air and water flows calculations.
- Sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all HVAC details.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly apply equipment.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations.
- 10 - 20 years of Mechanical Design Experience in Consulting Engineering.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills.
- Proactive and Collaborative team member.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.