Roadway Design Engineer
9115 Harris Corners Parkway Harris Corners Two Suite 420 Charlotte, NC 28269 US
ROADWAY DESIGN ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design.
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing final design plans (including but not limited to implementation and knowledge of cross sections, traffic control, drainage, and signing and pavement markings plans.
- Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subcontractors, and client managers.
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, and scheduling performance.
- Identify schedule and cost variance, and develop/implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Actively participate and service in leadership positions in transportation related organizations such as ASHE, ASCE, DBIA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- 3+ years of progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation and roadway design.
- Experience working with NCDOT design projects required.
- Micro Station and Geopak design software experience required.