800 Arthur Avenue Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
Quality Assurance Tester- Contract to Hire
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements timely and contribute towards requirements definition
- Manual and Automated testing of Embedded systems along with testing use cases across hardware devices, embedded systems, on-prem systems and cloud hosted platforms
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings
- Identifies, records, documents thoroughly and track bugs
- Check consistency across devices, browsers, and operating systems
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved and new builds are given for testing
- Drive test innovation and streamline overall testing processes to improve product quality
- Research and analyze product features being tested
- Review user interfaces for consistency and simplicity
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Test software and firmware before release to ensure that projected functionality was implemented as expected.
- Verify and validate embedded firmware operation.
- Perform installations of software and embedded firmware to qualify as well as identify, reproduce, and report defects.
- Develop new test procedures and enhance existing ones to ensure products’ reliability and usability.
- Perform product validation and verification of hardware in field or lab environment.
Location- onsite in western suburbs of Chicago