Quality Engineer IV
475 Sycamore Dr Milpitas, CA 95035 US
Onsite Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
- Masters degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 4+ years experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field with 6+ years experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products
- Supporting development and system integration for 5G (Sub6 and mmW) products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Defining system test cases and automation execution to ensure product meets product and system requirements for customer deployment.
- Performing Quality Assurance (QA) testing, analyzing test results, debugging failures and working closely with the development team to identify root causes and resolve problems.
- Performing system (SW+HW) characterization and validating product specifications by collecting and processing test data
- Supporting interoperability testing with RAN an core network vendors as part of carrier certification and customer acceptance procedures
- Strong knowledge in LTE/5G air interface protocols, call processing technologies and network architecture
- Good Knowledge of LTE/5G system and 3GPP specifications and protocols, including PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers.
- Solid understanding on LTE/5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, power control, beamforming, MIMO and .
- Experience in test execution and log analysis of LTE/5G 3GPP protocol test plans or LTE Inter-Operability testing
- Scripting experience specifically in Perl and/or Python Test methodologies.
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Viavi TM500
Willing to travel on demand and be able to work well in a fast paced technical environment.