QC Inspector I
Kennett Sq, PA 19348 US
- A QC Inspector must possess good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- A QC Inspector is an individual who observes, monitors, and documents the execution of construction work performed in the field by utility and contractors crews.
- A QC Inspector primarily performs quality inspections on work currently being performed or work that has been recently completed, utilizing established checklists.
- A QC Inspector will also perform and document field safety audits, utilizing the utility Safety Website.
- Work Experience - Candidates for the Overhead QC Inspector positions:
- Shall have utility overhead experience.
- Past QC Inspector experience is preferred.
- Nuclear QC Inspector background would be viewed favorable.
- Candidates for the Overhead QC Inspector positions will have to successfully complete and/or demonstrate knowledge of: utility QC Inspector Qualification Training, Proficiency using the utility Standards (C-Specs), Proficiency using utility maps and locating equipment in the field
- Knowledge of utility work practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the utility Safety Rule Book and other underground safety rules.
- Complete knowledge of how to build a build a pole, install pole attachments (transformers, capacitor banks, repeaters, etc)
- Be able to show competency equivalent to a utility Overhead Lineman.
- Contractor candidates holding current industry underground certifications for performing overhead activities will be evaluated and portions of the above requirements may be waived.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities -
- A QC Inspectors primary duties are (but are not limited to:)
- Spend 95+% of their time in the field performing QC inspections
- Inspection of existing utility facilities such as URD cables, splices, terminations, transformers, and other facilities as required
- Observe the construction of URD splices and terminations while being constructed
- Document identified deviations in QCI in a timely manner
- Conduct and document Safety Audits as required
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- 1-3 years of QC inspection experience in a utility setting.
Reporting locations: Remote (Requires High Speed Internet)