The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Project Manager 2
411 Fayetteville Street Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Posted: 05/23/2023 2023-05-23 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: 564456 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- This position will be supporting Substation Optimization projects in the Carolinas East (Triangle South zone). Substation Optimization enables our client to build a better energy future for our customers by making smart investments to strengthen the distribution electrical grid.
- The company is a leader in building a carbon free future having announced zero net carbon emissions by 2050.
- The grid is a vital part of this, providing the platform to deliver and operate in the cleaner, greener, carbon free future.
- Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status.
- Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards.
- Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Minimum of 9 years of project management experience.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in project management principles.
- Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent.
- Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMP or CAPM Certification; CMII/Construction Certifications; Professional Engineer License. Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
- Experience in utility industry. Knowledge in construction management.
- The Project Manager II may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).