Project Manager - Transmission
4401 Masthead St. NE Suite 200 Albuquerque, NM 87109 US
- Responsible for the overall management of projects from an owner’s (client’s) perspective in a Project/Portfolio Management Organization (PMO). As an owner’s representative you are required to integrate into the client’s organization seamlessly, use the applicable client’s tools/systems, work within the client’s project delivery processes, as well as our clients project management processes and procedures.
- This position requires the ability function in dual organizations with excellent communication skills, time management, and high workloads. Must be a self-starter who can problem solve, manage hybrid teams of owner’s staff and our clients staff, and interface with the client’s management team. The project manager is responsible for project financial and schedule performance, and overall performance of projects against business and/or financial plans. Core job functions include:
- Adhere to safety programs, training, and policies as well as collaborate with the project team to manage the safety & health performance of project team members, contractors, and others as required
- Collaborate with the project management team to build client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items
- Develop and maintains project communications between owner’s team, engineering organizations, construction contractors, other project stakeholders
- Develop and stakeholder the project charter, execution plan, and detailed project schedules
- Facilitate regular project updates meetings with all stakeholders, and issue meeting minutes
- Manages the project development process for a project through all stages of the owner’s project delivery model
- Develop and present project stage gates to executive committees and obtain project approvals
- Monitor the deliverables from owner’s functional groups and manages the project team resources and personnel to ensure the proper objectives to meeting schedule milestones and maintaining cost are achieved
- Manage the development and submission of permit applications
- Provide support to owner for regulatory approvals, community and stakeholder consultations, public open houses, tribal relations, and other permitting requirements
- Develop and maintain staffing plans for PMO team
- Coordinate with the estimating team during all project stages for the development accurate project costs estimates
- Provide project budgets, cash flow, variance explanations, and contribute to the owner’s business plan
- Interface with field construction staff and contractors throughout construction
- Coordinate with our client and third-party engineers to meet project timelines
- Provide supervision and mentorship to assistant project managers, project coordinators, and project administrators
- Liaison with third party project managers, customers, consultants, and other stakeholders as required
- Develop contracting strategy for the project through the project life cycle
- Prepare request for proposal (RFP) of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, support detailed scope of work development, bid and selection process, and creation of contract documents for the purpose of subcontractor and client contractor selection and award
- Execute contract management, including Request for Information (RFI), submittals, meeting minutes, change management, and claims mitigation for construction, engineering, and supplier contracts in various models (T&M, lump sum)
- Develop procurement plans, order project materials, manage delivery timelines, and material turnover to construction contractors
- Manage risk throughout the project lifecycle including development of risk registers, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and contingency fund change management
- Generate and update project specific progress reports, project cost report forecasts and variances, schedule variance reports, monthly cost reports, accounts payable reports, BMcD internal reports, change order logs, invoices, and expenses.
- Execute financial functions within the owner’s organization which includes project in-service, capitalize project costs, and adhere to the client’s financial regulations and processes.
- Address project variances related to cost and schedule by taking mitigating actions, variance reporting, and steps to keep project on track
- Manage monthly contractor invoicing, accruals, and validate payments are in line with work completed
- Perform work order and project number creation/management within Maximo and PowerPlan
- Close out projects once energized in alignment with client’s financial in-service and general accounting practices
- 5+ years applicable experience in project management, program management, and/or construction with experience in power utilities, transmission and/or distribution (T&D) is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Experience in supporting other industries such as Renewables, Generation in addition to T&D experience will be considered a plus.
- Proven ability to manage team budgets and schedules with the ability to implement corrective actions and processes at a project level.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Understanding of scheduling principals, and Primavera P6
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- PEng/PE Certification (Preferred)
- PMP Certification (Preferred)
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
- Must be able to work full time in Albuquerque, New Mexico