Project Manager - Industrial Hygiene
Charlotte, NC 28269 US
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with us.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, One of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Industrial Hygiene Project Manager include:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of environmental projects involving hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, worker exposure, indoor air quality, abatement design and more.
- Provide senior technical oversight, mentoring and quality control for industrial hygiene assessments, hazardous building material surveys, demolition and remediation activities.
- Coordinate and support a diverse range of environmental disciplines.
- Prepare proposals, work plans, design documents and technical reports.
- Management and senior review of environmental data, reports, figures, and other project deliverables.
- Manage and perform field surveys for asbestos, lead paint, mold/moisture and other hazardous building materials.
- Manage subcontractors and client coordination.
- Manage, mentor, and train junior staff and oversee work their safe and quality work.
- Ensure safe working environment and adherence to safe work practices.
- Budget development, financial tracking, invoicing clients, evaluate revenue goals and project profitability.
- Actively assist in developing new business opportunities.
- Learn and implement federal, state and local regulations for environmental compliance.
- Work both independently and in a team environment depending upon the specific project.
- Actively develop your own career growth, including continuing education and obtaining professional accreditations.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1, 000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- Continuing education encouragement including a combination of on-the-job, independent learning and classroom training and discipline-specific accreditations.
- B.S./B.A. degree in environmental science, industrial hygiene, or other related field.
- CIH Certification required
- Minimum 5 years of applicable environmental consulting in IH-related project work.
- The following accreditations are preferred, but not required:
- AHERA-accredited Building Inspector and Project Designer
- Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- NIOSH 582 training
- Mold/Moisture evaluation training
- Organized and able to maintain field documentation, follow project controls, and implement established health and safety protocols.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- General knowledge of environmental laboratory QA/QC.
- Clean driving and criminal record.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement conditions, and lift and carry field equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel throughout the division (NC, SC, GA, TN) approximately 25-50% with occasional travel throughout the Southeast (5-10%)
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Candidates with OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER, and either AHERA or Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor (or the educational background to attain) are preferred candidates for this position.