Project Manager - Environmental Waste
2644 N. 50 East Kokomo, IN 46901 US
- Ensure Total Waste Management contract requirements are being met, with emphasis on environmental compliance.
- Provide leadership of MPS Total Waste Management Team to facilitate safety and compliance with government regulations, plant policies, and MPS corporate procedures.
- Foster a proactive approach to managing a Total Waste Program including preparing as much as possible for emergencies.
- Advise MPS TWM Team members to successfully execute their scope of work, develop their talents, and expand their roles.
- Perform regular satellite and hazardous waste area inspections with TWM Managers and Technicians on a regular basis to ensure good understanding of building operations, compliance, and waste generation.
- Support waste reduction and landfill free initiatives including finding innovative solutions for hard to manage waste streams.
- Prepare MPS Facility Evaluation form for vendors who are not currently approved to ensure they meet our approval criteria.
- Communicate with integrated team, subcontractors and supervisors any changes or discrepancies in contract and subcontract requirements, financial and service issues, or other changes.
- Ensure Manifest tracking logs and Waste Characterization Binders are accurate and reviewed as necessary.
- Coordinate coverage for absent TWM Team staff members to ensure seamless day to day operations, specifically to document hazardous waste inspections on every 7 day schedule.
- Responds to all RFQ’s, be aware of when work will be done, obtain customer Purchase Orders, assist with problem resolution, and accurately invoice customer either through the TWM contract or as an out-of-scope item.
- Review all plant volume reports to analyze contract performance.
- Provide support to finance team, including rebate tracking, quotes, assist with budget process and implementation, review and approve/reject invoices, and proper allocation of funds.
- Process vendor invoices
- Responsible for managing ESG budget.
- Assist in preparation of data and provide information to Customer for regulatory and required facility reports and documents.
- Verify accuracy of Monthly Invoice Template before submitting an accurate bill to customer.
- Ensure Safety is a number one priority.
- Supervise the following:
- Safety Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Technician Team
- Direct TWM Management Staff technicians to complete applicable tasks.
- Prepare and conduct or coordinate training for MPS personnel, including but not limited to environmental awareness, job specific work instructions, and annual DOT/RCRA refresher courses
- Prepare and present reports as required by provider
- Attend MPS annual RCRA/DOT/HAZWOPER training and computer based modules as required
- Actively participate in audits and/or inspections conducted, including but not limited to problem resolution.
- Support waste minimization and landfill free activities, including but not limited to attending and providing training or presentations, support recycling initiatives and segregation programs, develop necessary procedures, and improve visual management, and attend recycling meetings as needed.
- Develop and maintain programs to track environmental metrics and communicate/report progress to management.
- Review and process vendor invoices.
- Compose, update, and comply with all applicable Task Instruction Sheets and Pre Task Plans.
- Obey all MPS and plant- related safety guidelines.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, as directed by Regional Manager.
- Perform other assigned duties, as required.
- Five years related experience or Bachelor's degree in related field and two years related experience
- Strong knowledge of government environmental and DOT regulations.
- Strong financial background.
- Ability to use and create Excel, Word, and Power Point applications.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7.
- Ten years’ experience in hazardous waste management and/or wastewater monitoring activities; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, and 5 years’ equivalent supervisory/management experience
- Current 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) with Annual Refresher (desired); provided upon hire.
- Current Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA, desired); provided upon hire.
- Current 8-hour Department of Transportation (DOT, desired); provided upon hire.