Project Cost Control Analyst
445 South Street Morristown, NJ 07960 US
Project Controls Analyst plays a crucial role in overseeing the financial aspects of our projects, ensuring they are managed with utmost precision and adherence to budgets. He/she is responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate management and delivery of cost control activities within assigned projects. Primary duties will include:
- Collaborate with budget owners to review budgets, commitments, and forecasts, while diligently challenging assumptions to ensure fiscal prudence.
- Provide cost and financial inputs for the Project Monthly Status Report (PMSR), enabling comprehensive project evaluation and decision-making.
- Conduct ongoing in-depth analyses of variances between project projections and Current Estimate At Completion (EAC),
- Issue project invoices and maintain an up-to-date invoice register, while also preparing monthly Revenue Reconciliation.
- Craft project cash flows to support the organization's Treasury requirements for accurate cash flow forecasting.
- Ensure strict adherence to relevant policies, processes, and procedures, while constantly seeking opportunities for improvement and implementing best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, identifying potential areas for cost optimization and process improvement.
- Provide guidance in defining operating expenses, capital reporting requirements, contingencies, and risk-monitoring processes.
- Ensure strict compliance with corporate internal controls and policies, as well as relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Support project managers and teams as needed in monitoring and interpreting KPIs, facilitating effective management of scope, budget, timeline, change orders, and risk to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- High school diploma with +7 year experience in Project Controls/ Cost Management.
- Bachelor degree qualified ideally in Construction Management or Engineering with background in finance or Engineering.
- Expert level Excel user
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to proactively look for and identify improvement solutions
- A high attention to detail and a fundamental desire for delivering the best possible product at all time, including the ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately