Project Controls Specialist
411 Fayetteville Street Charlotte, NC 28206 US
- Candidate may be asked to go on field/site visit on occasion (maybe 2 times a year), PPE will be required.
- This would be considered a hybrid role in that it is looking for both cost and scheduling experience. In regard to scheduling, P6 is highly preferred, but not required. If a candidate has scheduling experience and understands scheduling concepts (example: WBS), they could be a fit.
- Cost experience that they are looking for: Analytics, forecasting, understanding actuals vs funding, understanding budget vs funding.
- Excel experience is a must.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy. Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
- Soft skills: solution oriented, analytical mindset, ability to take direction, organized, sense of urgency, comfortable with working with multiple sources or technology (i.e. tool integration, workflows, etc.)