The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Product Applications Specialist
7050 Overland Road Orlando, FL 32810 US
Posted: 02/27/2023 2023-02-27 2023-04-30 Employment Type: Direct Hire/Perm Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 518228 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Product Application Specialist-HVAC is responsible for communicate with Representatives by phone, fax and e-mail to provide quotes and answer technical questions regarding products.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance to Sales Managers in product design and identifying areas of improvement in assisting sales office.
- Provide equipment selections to customers via computer selection software
- Provide product and technical training to representatives and engineers.
- Work with Sales Managers on changes to existing equipment and new product design.
- Give technical product presentations to consulting and specifying engineers and/or industry group.
- Write technical papers/articles related to the industry as required.
- Develop systems as required by the customer for a specific application. Analyze their particular application, perform a field survey, and coordinate with the owner or consulting engineers to determine the proper equipment required for custom applications.
- Provide quotations as required for semi-custom built systems.
- Provide quotation as required for standard commercial HVAC products.
- Prepare submittal drawing packages as required.
- Interface with engineering, production, representatives and customers.
- Work with code organizations and officials as related to commercial and industrial product lines.
- Remain current with changes in design, government regulations and building codes.
- Travel to trade shows, technical seminars and demonstrate product lines as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- PRINCIPLE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Regional Sales Reps.
- Manager, Product Applications
- Sr. VP Sales, HVAC.
- Technical Inside Sales/Support experience with semi-custom HVAC & IAQ products.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point – knowledge of Auto CAD a plus.
- Have experience in HVAC selection software.
- HVAC background and/or training.
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented.