8 Forge Parkway franklin, MA 02038 US
- Payroll processing experience
- Payroll of about 600
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the payroll functions for a business unit, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The Payroll Manager supervises staff on the payroll team.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Prepare the biweekly contributions and quarterly matches to retirement plan.
- Reconcile payroll-related general ledger accounts and create/input payroll-related journal entries.
- Reconcile W-2’s and other year end reporting.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Generates regular and ad-hoc reports for payroll and time and attendance.
- Supervises members of the payroll team. Oversees daily workflow of the team, provides training and constructive and timely performance feedback.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Adheres to all principles related to the Advocates Way.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field and 5-7 years’ experience or equivalent combination of training and experience. Strongly prefer experience in non-profit, human services or healthcare environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Proficient with payroll software. ADP Workforce Now experience preferred.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Familiarity with payroll applications.
- Ability to communicate articulately and knowledgeably with all levels of internal staff and outside constituencies.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.