1 Harvard Yard Cambridge, MA 02138 Cambridge, MA 02138 US
Location: Cambridge, MA
- HS Diploma
- At least 3 years of office/administrative support experience
- Higher education experience
- MS Office (proficient)
- Tech savvy
- Master's degree
The Office of Student Services works to connect with students and demonstrate professional and kind behavior, promote a positive office environment, and provide a warm and welcoming place for students to come for assistance.
- Reports to the Director of Student Services who oversees student resource navigation and support.
- Functions as the first point of contact for the Office of Student Services
- Manages office, greets visitors, communicates with and provides services for a wide range of internal and external contacts through phone calls, office email address, walk-in students, staff, faculty and external vendors.
- Schedules appointments and gathers sensitive student data.
- Plans, organizes, and executes all logistics related to events managed by the Office of Student Services including, but not limited to Orientation, Sweet Welcome, Safety Week.
- Negotiates with vendors, orders material, liaises with partner offices
- Welcome event captains, coordinates folder creation, manages the pre-assigned Orientation budget, coordinates the rental of classroom spaces and media technology needs.
- Creates welcome slides.
- Creates administrative system to track, plan, run, and debrief event.
- Serves as primary financial contact for the Office of Student Services; reviews, prepares, and submits invoices for payment, resolves billing discrepancies, maintains and develops vendor relationships. Monitors and reconciles the office and Orientation budgets under Student Services.
- Maintains financial documents and makes recommendations toward the budget proposal.
- Responsible for compiling the Orientation budget; gathers invoices, runs report, corrects discrepancies, and reports on trends.
- Manages the Office of Student Services pages on the GSAS website.
- Orders and maintains office supplies for Student Services and Residential Life offices, in B-2 at the GSAS Student Center.