Building One, Suite 100, 1001 Page Mill Rd Palo Alto, CA 94304 US
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types, formats, edits and finalizes documents, including correspondence, memoranda and standard legal documents for both transactional and litigation clients, in accordance with the Firm's document formatting standards using standard computer software specific to the legal industry.
- Manages multiple lawyer-assignments and organizes clerical functions and work flow to meet administrative and client needs.
- Manages the onboarding of new clients from the processing of conflicts to the assignment of billing information. Works with various Firm departments and resources to complete engagement processes in an expedited and accurate manner.
- Enters, proofreads and posts lawyers' time entries. Works to ensure time entries are in compliance with client billing requirements and to ensure timeliness of entries in compliance with Firm policy.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including air, hotel and ground transportation for lawyers and clients. Processes lawyers' travel expenses.
- Proofreads all documents, correspondence, etc., to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax. Checks to ensure accuracy of jobs sent to duplicating service.
- Receives, screens telephone calls, conference calls and messages to lawyers, clients and staff (as directed from assignments). Works with various audio and video software to calendar and create calls on behalf of assignments.
- Promptly processes incoming and outgoing mail and distributes upon receipt (as directed from assignments).
- Coordinates conferences, meetings and appointments for lawyers and clients both in person and via remote options. As required, schedules conference rooms and food service using specific Firm software and procedures.
- Maintains calendars, contacts and client information through specific Firm software and procedures.
- Works with other Firm departments and resources to coordinate and complete tasks as necessary for the management of multiple responsibilities and assignments.
- Coordinates client billing with billing services (as directed from assignments).
- Maintains a safe and unobstructed work area, including a neat and well-organized desk. Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Maintains accuracy of electronic and hardcopy client files on a daily basis through both the Firm’s document management system and various electronic repositories for client materials in accordance with standards set by Records Management Center.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictate.
- Participates in all Firm required training and team meetings as required.
- California Applicants: Salaries may vary by location. In Northern California, the estimated target salary range of this role is $65,000 - $85,000, in addition to bonus eligibility and a comprehensive benefit package. Salary determinations are made based on numerous factors, such as, but not limited to, the relevant market and the skill, experience, class or graduation year, and education of the selected candidate.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one or more years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, legal terminology and standard document formatting
- Types accurately at a minimum of 60 wpm
- Thorough understanding of civil litigation discovery and docketing processes
- Experience with State and Federal court filings, including ECF
- Experience collaborating with support staff