Junior UX Writer
Cupertino, CA 95014 US
Pay: Up to $ per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Planet Interactive is looking for a Junior UX Writer to join our well known technology client. This Junior UX Writer will focus on the support the design of new and better experiences in our services through the lens of language. This is where people come to do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is challenging and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work. This role is part of the Product & Design Team for services including media products, creator tools, cloud and commerce services, and productivity apps.
- Ability to write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word, while integrating input from many different team members.
- Knowing what it’s like to develop nuanced solutions and work with existing patterns and architecture.
- Understands every part of the user journey, and doesn’t shy away from spending time on the small stuff.
- Reducing complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Building relationships across design, product, engineering, marketing, etc., to develop well-informed points of view, making adjustments along the way based on learnings.
- Ability to achieve business and growth needs without sacrificing product excellence.
- Knowing how to work with designs and functional specs.
- Comfortable prioritizing multiple projects at once.
- Interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
As a Junior UX writer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the design team, collaborating with designers closely to write within constraints and bring about the best possible result.
- Partnering with designers and other stakeholders on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Working closely with the design producer to prioritize projects.
- Spending time with QA, legal, and localization teams to ensure your writing appears properly for every audience.
- Working with other writers to ensure copy proposals are consistent across services.
Education & Experience:
- BFA, BA, MA, or MS
- 1-2 years writing for products and experiences. Writing for podcasts, media apps, services, and subscriptions a bonus