I&C Digital Design Engineer
1022 Haley Drive Mineral, VA 23117 US
Top 3 Required Skills
- Experience with nuclear power plant design, including the Electrical Distribution System and or the Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station including Emerson Ovation
- Experience with development of Design Change packages, that are Digital and development of design change documentation.
- Experience with working in a broad range of I&C issues both on the component and system level.
Client is currently seeking an engineer for an I&C Digital Design Engineer in the I&C Design Engineering Department at the Power Station.
The candidate will fill a position in the I&C Design Engineering Group. The primary area of focus will be digital Modification for new or upgraded analog systems in support of operations of Units 1 & 2. Specific duties include:
- Scoping I&C Digital Design Requests
- Preparation of Cost estimates of digital modification as part of initial scoping
- Development of Design Change Packages and support in implementing the Design Change as the Responsible Engineer (RE).
- The candidate will work in a broad range of I&C issues both Digital and Analog if needed.
- This role is mid-level to fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter.
Candidates will be expected to have or be able to gain familiarity with nuclear power plant design, including the General Plant Systems, Electrical Distribution System and primarily in Instrumentation and Control Systems at the station. A Training program will be provided for the new candidate to obtain a required basic level of knowledge for understanding, plant design basis, operations, maintenances as well as work planning structure, including normal and emergency operating procedures. This training may not occur initially upon arrival since it is given on a cyclic bases and as training resources are allocated.
Must be willing to support the Stations Refueling outages (~ 30 days long) which will include working longer work hours and required over time.
Specific qualifications or certifications:
- Previous SDP, Digital and Cyber Security qualifications at another facility is preferred but not required. Must be able to get qualified and up to speed under a short time schedule.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Must be able to work in a cross discipline / cross department team environment.
Nice to Have Skills:
- 50.59 (or equivalent)
- Standard Design Process
- Have a working knowledge of the NRCs RIS 2002-22 including utilizing guidance from NEI 96-07 including Digital FMEA evaluations.
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 3-15 years
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
- Candidates with a technical background and proven track record with experience in design will be considered.
- Nuclear Systems or I&C background
- Industrial Controls
- Plant Process experience