450 Brookline Ave. Boston, MA 02215 US
The Manager of People Strategy (HR Business Partnerships) plays a pivotal role in driving the success of our organization by working closely with business leaders and across HR to develop and execute on a comprehensive people strategy that aligns with our business objectives.
Reporting to the Director of People Strategy, this strategic role manages a small team and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of talent management, employee development, and fostering employee growth and a positive workplace culture. You will have a significant impact on shaping the organization's culture, attracting top talent, and fostering employee growth and engagement. If you are a strategic thinker, experienced people leader, and passionate about driving organizational success through effective people strategies, we invite you to join our team.
- Supports Directors and above, acting as a people strategy partner and advisor and the primary client relationship manager
- Manages and develops a team of Business Partners and analysts serving an assigned client group
- Provides expert advice to business leaders on effective people strategies to meet their business goals and priorities
- Works closely with senior leaders and Human Resources teams to understand the client department’s unique needs and develop customized solutions to improve overall organizational effectiveness. Exhibits strategic thinking and subject matter expertise anchored by depth and breadth in all Human Resources functions.
- Builds deep, trusting relationships with clients and stakeholders and effectively communicates recommendations and insights. May provide or broker learning or organizational design services such as assessments, group facilitation, team-building, or education
- Conducts needs- or situational assessments, analyzing data and information, developing talent management plans, recommending training programs and developmental assignments, assessing employee engagement and performance, and providing guidance on HR policies and practices
- Supports leaders and managers in developing and shaping an engaging, healthy organizational culture fueled by commitment to Dana-Farber’s mission
- Manages a small team and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of talent management, employee development, and fostering employee growth and a positive workplace culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience required. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
- 8+ years experience partnering with business leaders to drive talent or people initiatives and demonstrated success in providing HR services in a large, complex organization (10K+ employees)
- Preferably in sectors such as higher education, academic medicine, research, health care, biomedical/pharma, research, or government or in management consulting to organizations in these sectors
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to interact productively across multiple human resources disciplines including, talent management, learning and development, OD, or talent acquisition
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role focused on people strategy, talent management, or organizational development.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, talent acquisition, performance management, learning and development, and employee engagement.
- Strong understanding of employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Proven experience in talent management and leadership development, ideally in a managerial or leadership role within HR.
- Demonstrated experience in driving cultural change initiatives and fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, using data to drive talent management decisions.
- Strong project management skills, managing multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, effectively conveying complex information.
- Proficiency in HR software and learning management systems.