Graphic Designer (with PowerPoint skillls)
1 Waukegan Road North Chicago, IL 60064 US
Location: Hybrid in North Chicago, IL
Pay Rate: $38-$42/hr depending on experience
Planet Interactive is seeking a Graphic Designer (with PowerPoint skills) to join one of our well-known global pharmaceutical clients.
The Graphic Designer is part of a team of 45+ strategic and creative thinkers in an in-house marketing communications and events agency for a leading global biopharmaceutical company. The team (consisting of creative directors, designers, motion artists, writers, and account managers) supports internal and external communications across Corporate, R&D and Commercial pillars of the company partnering with cross-functional stakeholders that represent over 30 brands across 80+ countries.
Graphic Designer (with PowerPoint skills) Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute internal and external presentations for senior executives, including the CEO and Executive Leadership Team (ELT), as well as various business units and functional areas across the entire enterprise.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Writer, Account Team, Designer, and outside vendor partners to conceptualize and execute materials that meet brand standards (Our specific Corporate Brand, as well as individual product brands).
- Work with Traffic Manager, Creative Director and Account Team on development and clarification of project scope, timeline, and budget, and share accountability in delivering against project requirements and client expectations.
- Efficiently prioritize and multitask to enhance productivity within a highly dynamic work environment.
- Consistently communicate timely and accurate information as project progresses, meet deadlines and execute quality standards.
- Anticipate project needs and proactively provide expertise and innovative solutions to meet them.
- Analyze messages and determine how content should be best designed, including type, colors, grid, etc. in order to best achieve the overall goal.
- Track time daily and meet established utilization numbers for this function.
- Maintain awareness of current design trends, new techniques, and technology, primarily within presentation design, but also including print, photography, typography, illustration, animation/motion graphics and video.
- Understand and interpret Brand Standards and Guidelines, including our Corporate Brand, as well as individual product brands, as required.
- Minimum Education: BA/BS required in graphic design.
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of graphic design experience within a graphic design firm, advertising agency, in-house corporate graphics department and/or freelance business.
- Portfolio: Must provide samples of work to be considered.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Microsoft Office: Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, and awareness of trends in graphic design and digital and print technologies.
- Strong technical design skills and good working knowledge of brand identity, editorial design, information graphics and data visualization, typography, packaging design, convention graphics and signage, print production, web/digital interface, and interactive design.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) that persuade and gain understanding and alignment with others in a professional tone.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course.
- Confidence under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills. Must be able to articulate ideas to colleagues in creative meetings and presentations.
- Effectively reasons through problems and situations while thinking through decision implications. Thoroughly investigates questions, issues, and problems as they arise. Considering alternative and creative ways of viewing situations and solving problems design-related or not.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team and seek clarity amid ambiguity.
- Able to work under the guidance of a creative director, as well as independently (with minimal supervision) and directly with Account Teams and be responsible for scheduling one’s daily work schedule.
- Knowledge of regulations, standards and health care trends affecting pharmaceutical products and biotech. (nice-to-have)