Global Supply Manager II
Cupertino, California, 95014 Cupertino, CA 95014 US
Job Title: Global Supply Manager II
Contract: 12 Months
Location: Cupertino CA
Hybrid: Hybrid Schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday / Thursday onsite)
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline; MBA a plus.
- 4 + years’ work experience in a similar role
- Advanced level user experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Complex pricing data analytics by comparing multiple Excel files/reports
- Supply chain/vendor management experience
- Pricing/quote management experience
- User experience with Apple MacBook
- Finance analyst experience
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
Develop a multifaceted understanding of the commodity landscape to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging forces. Identify changes in buyer and supplier power and use industry dynamics to Apple’s advantage.
- Have a good understanding of working with electronics manufacturing partners (contract manufacturers), negotiations, cost models and manufacturing operations.
- Have a good understanding of the roles played by Planning, Finance and Product Operations.
- Advanced skills in creating spreadsheets and presentations. A basic understanding of data science techniques is ideal.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and multi-tasking in a changing an dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic, perseverance, flexibility and ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Perform supplier financial research, spend analysis and ad-hoc financial analysis for strategic procurement deals.
- Work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality to strike agreements that meet Apple’s performance criteria and secure long-term supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes rapidly synthesizing and presenting findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Optimize supply chain performance through cost and capacity scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth understanding of valued manufacturing processes and costs and market intelligence and apply this knowledge to influence Apple’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Provide overall program management support and supply to ongoing development of processes, templates, issue procedures, and reporting.