6135 West 400 North Greenfield, IN 46140 US
Our Client is seeking a motivated, well-rounded Geotechnical Engineer. This is an Engineer Position that involves conducting inspections as well as oversight of sampling and testing personnel. He/she will work closely with other professionals and the candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors as a professional representative. The position has opportunity for advancement for motivated individuals willing to learn the skills and technology required of a Geotechnical Engineer. Candidates are required to have a professional engineering license. However, applicants with a solid understanding of geotechnical engineering and/or working experience in the field are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and/or Geotechnical Engineering with at least 5 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) is expected.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarization with various AASHTO and ASTM Standards is preferred, as is a working knowledge of CAD and soil logging programs.
- Collaborate with senior staff;
- File review and documentation (local and state);
- Travel to, and work performed at, various job site locations throughout the region;
- Work in the field on project sites to perform geotechnical investigations, and construction monitoring;
- Oversee construction activities including earthwork, dewatering, pile installation, excavation support installation, and load tests;
- Oversee excavation activities;
- Oversee subsurface investigations (e.g. drilling test borings and well installations);
- Oversee subcontractors performing services at project locations;
- Oversee geotechnical investigations;
- Oversee and perform materials testing;
- Perform geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development project such as foundation, retaining wall, and pavement design;
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings;
- Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and engineering characteristics of the subsurface;
- Analyze and interpret laboratory results under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer;
- Deliver processed data in an organized fashion, following data management and APEC standards;
- Work on several projects at one time and maintain successful client relations; and
- Prepare letters and reports for submittal to regulatory agencies and/or clients.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is preferred, but not required;
- Position requires registration as a Professional Engineer OR is on track toward professional license.