Generation Construction Project Manager
600 East Canal Street Richmond, VA 23219 US
Client company is currently seeking two Construction Project Managers to support their High Voltage Construction team inside Project Construction. This role will be field assigned during the construction of the high voltage facilities (substation, generation tie line etc.) associated with new generation projects (solar, battery storage etc.). Projects will typically be 6 to 9 months in duration and be located in Virginia. Job specific duties are listed below.
This field oversight role is responsible for contract and specification compliance of high voltage generation tie lines and substation construction projects to include monitoring contractor construction crew performance and coordinating client company construction activities. Responsibilities include inspection and monitoring of contractor's construction work for compliance with client company Safety requirements, Contract documents, Policies, and Procedures (quality, safety, schedule, specifications and environmental). Monitors schedule and reports to management on project status including weekly regular progress reports. Coordinates and communicates with internal and external partners regarding major construction projects and their impact.
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ensures contractor's compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Works with other client company teams to resolve disputes and maintain a positive relationship with property owners, contractor, and the public.
- Assist Project Manager to identify, correct and prevent construction quality issues and schedule delays.
- May support Project Engineers with constructability reviews of engineering drawings
- Attends safety meetings and ensures safety is the top priority on all construction projects.
- Understands, recognizes, and recommends corrections on potential environmental issues before they occur.
- Understands and executes current construction processes and procedures.
- Exercises positive communication with internal and external partners regarding construction projects.
- The successful candidate will have 10+ years experience with high voltage construction and construction oversite.