GIS Analyst II
287 Maspeth Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11211 US
- Perform tasks to ensure the timely and efficient management of capital and operational expense work through the engineering and design work flow process, from project inception to closeout, including in part, work package preparation, design pre-work, work package issuance, work modification and work process closeout.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
- Proficiency in MS Office and Sharepoint
- Understanding of company software applications which support work and design processes including; Work Management (Maximo/Storms), GIS Platforms (Arc Pro, ArcFM, NRG, Smallworld), Scan Records (Fortis), Asset Databases (SPIPE), Customer Systems, Document Management Systems, Investment/Financial Systems (Copperleaf, SAP, PowerPlan).
- Experience integrating the work of a functional team/business unit to enable the team to deliver high performance.
- Demonstrates capability to work in technical functional area and taking specific actions to enable the team to function efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate within and across National Grid.
- Demonstration of a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with a diverse group of company personnel.
- Ability to assess project scopes and identify required variances prior to design to ensure a complete, high quality and safe project outcome.
- Ability to research, compile, coordinate, review, document, organize, verify data, conduct independent analysis and identify inconsistencies
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Discipline or Equivalent Experience
- 1-3 years or more of prior experience
- Internal stakeholders include in part, Gas Asset Management, Gas System Engineering, Gas Capital Delivery, Field Operations, and Resource Planning
- Ongoing communications and collaboration with other areas of Gas System Engineering (Design Engineering, Corrosion, Meter Shop, Advanced Technology, CSC/Public Works)
- Resource Planning & Coordination and Project Management
- Support creation of preliminary work package, including detailed description of proposed work, historic asset data (GIS, Scanned data, sketches, etc...), customer data and relevant templates and route to engineering for development and inclusion of design drawings, specifications and relevant information.
- Track and report on progress of capital work from inception to closeout with key focus on gas system engineering and design responsibilities.
- Coordinate and support requests for gas facility information and 3rd party design plan updates
- Support development and assembly of project work packages
- Support procurement and tracking of project materials and documentation
- Coordinate and support the Engineering permitting process
- Support tracking and monitoring of Engineering charges and costs and processing of P.O. and invoices
- Provide reporting and analysis in support of closeout process
- Carry out tasks for successful project closure including quality assurance
- Implementing process improvement by utilizing and creating better IT system